Monday, June 22, 2015

How Men Can Be Monsters

you know what, fuck it, I’m going to reblog this twice because I have a story to tell.
Almost two years ago I was approached by a man at a bar. He was very handsome— tall, with great cheek bones and the kind of eyes that crinkle at the corners with every smile. That man asked to buy me and my friends a drink. 
Not wanting to give him the wrong idea, we turned him down. None of us were single, and we’d all had experiences where men have expected things from us after providing seemingly generous acts of charity. 
That man spent the rest of the night harassing us. He followed us around the bar, dumped a beer over my friend’s head when she confronted him, made lewd comments about my ass when I walked passed to go to the bathroom. We tried to tell the bar staff what was happening, but with the room being so crowded, by the time we managed to locate the bouncer, he’d disappeared into a throng of people.
That man approached us when we were on our way to our car. He was verbally aggressive, throwing slurs at us and stepping into our personal space. When I pushed him away, he punched me in the face hard enough to knock me down. When my friend tried to call the police, he slammed her head into a wall. 
We were lucky that after that, he panicked an ran away. It could have been much, much worse.
Bottom line? Fuck you if you think all women want is attention from attractive men. Fuck you for eternity.
Attention from an attractive man didn’t give me an ego boost. It gave me a fucking black eye. 
“Attention from an attractive man didn’t give me an ego boost. It gave me a fucking black eye.”
men gotta stop this shit…
This makes me so sad because it’s true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment