Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Trying to Keep Positive

I turn the other cheek because I choose to not encourage negativity. Why? ...because it never ends. It keeps spreading like a virus.

I cannot control what other people do, but I can control what I do. My new mantra is "Just because other people suck doesn't mean you have to." This is not targeted at anyone in particular, but it's a means to help me cope with the cruelty of people.


As I've learned from the bible, I choose to let God take care of what I have no control over. The bible says multiple times "Don't worry, God will take care of it."

"But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also." - Matthew 5:39

I live by this. I will walk in faith and positivity as often as humanly possible and hope karma will be kind to me.

People can keep tearing me down, I'm going to keep getting back up in hopes to help birds. There is no alterior motive. There's no attention that I need or want. Arguing back and forth does not save birds. Education about bird care and the plight of companion birds does. That's what I focus my energies on. Not angry back and forth against two human parties.

"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." - Ephesians 4:29

I also don't like being on FB beyond posting bird info or stupid/silly things to cheer up my friends, letting them know I'm thinking about them. ^_^

I also know anything I say will be manipulated in a negative light by unkind people.

No comments:

Post a Comment