Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Miss Cockatiel has DIABEETUS

Last night after work, I went north to Boynton Beach Blvd. to pick up some garage sale items (for rescue donations) from the nice lady that donated some birdy-goodies previously.
We were having a nice chat when I received a call from dad at Dr. Backos' clinic.
Miss Cockatiel has bird DIABEETUS. Needless to say, I had to mosey on.
We decided I'd come down to pick her up since I'll have to administer treatment and funds since my folks just can't. They're awesome social companions for the birds, but when it comes to vet stuff, that's my department.
Miss Cockatiel is Dad's bird. He has her right next to his recliner in the living room. She dances when she sees him and rings her bell to let him know how happy she is. When he's in there, she sits on the perch closest to him and he talks to her. Brett will have to be a stand-in for Dad until we can hopefully return her. She seems to like him so far.
Brett hanging out with our little patient.
Avian Diabetes is different than what humans get, but it's equally unfortunate.
She IS an older bird, but not THAT old. I think she's 12.

Good thing Dr. Backos' s open until 8 that day. Most vets close around 6.
He's an awesome vet. All my birds, even sissy Mikey like him. He was there for the Pako Tragedy, even showing up at 1am and tending to him past 3am.

During all this time, Brett had to go food shopping all alone. :( We always go together. He was home before I was because it took just that long.
He welcomed Miss Cockatiel.
When it came to splitting the reciept, he said "Don't worry about it, I'll put it on your tab."
A statement like that is a happy thing for me.
Since we make about the same, we try to be fair with all our mutual purchases. If one of us doesn't contribute, it makes things hairy for the other when it comes to general purchases. So some people say "It would've been nicer if he just paid it after you paid for the vet." Well he just bought me a 300$ crafty machine for Valentine's Day, so shut your face. >:D

Every relationship work differently. ^___~

No comments:

Post a Comment