Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Why Vegans Are Offended When You Eat Meat

Vegans think it is offensive to eat meat because you are taking the life of an animal unnecessarily. I will elaborate on this.

Just as it would upset me to see someone eating a dog or a parrot, after becoming more aware, I (and other vegans) now get upset when I see someone eating a pig or a chicken. All animals are equal. They don’t deserve to be used and abused as though they were unfeeling products. They really don’t need to suffer, but it’s up to consumers. 

People get upset when China eats dogs, yet they’re eating the wings off a dead bird with some buffalo sauce without a second thought.

There’s old healthy vegans, young healthy vegans, I know quite a few of them and there’s reports to verify online if you check them out. There’s centurion vegans, vegan body-builders. There are studies that vegetarians live longer. 
You can find all of this info on my resource-heavy master post.

Eating meat is destroying our planet. USDA even is encouraging people to eat more plant-based foods to help save he environment. 

I get eating less animal products as you go along. I kinda went that route too. Things didn’t click immediately. Eating dead animals was socially acceptable and something I’ve always done. I started out getting organic, free range, and all that other BS fed to us by the animal agriculture industry to make us feel “This is ok”, but I kept digging! That’s what I wish for everyone to do. DIG! Do your own research!
If you are feeling unusual due to a vegan diet, you might need more of a certain vitamin. Find out what that vitamin is and find what plant-based food contains it. 
My lab tests are relatively fine. I was low on vitamin D, but guess what? My dad was low too and he’s a meat cutter for a grocery. He’s always eating meat. You know what else my dad has? Heart problems. Much of which could be solved by a healthy diet. Please, even Meatless Mondays will be a step in a more compassionate direction.
 
I implore you to do more research and eat with your heart, not with your gut, and what you have been conditioned to think is right by 100s of years of marketing and social acceptance.
Keep trying to live more humanely, and if you need help, I’m here for you. I will give you reasoning and recipes! I wasn’t born vegan either and I’m not trying to be a “vegan asshole.”

No comments:

Post a Comment