Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I Was Just Like You

People shouldn’t forget I used to say the same things I hear back to me now.

At the mention of Vegetarianism or Veganism, I used to say, “Oh, we’re meant to eat animals, we’re omnivores.” (We’re not.)
However, a seed was planted in my unawakened brain. I made the move to purchasing cage free eggs and organic meat because I DID care about how animals were being treated… but then I kept digging.

Working with special needs birds, I saw my plucker-parrots and thought of the chickens I’ve been consuming. I’ve seen videos of the love, affection, and intelligence of chickens, cows, and pigs were capable of, just as my companion animals were capable of, then I saw what a monster I was eating them.

I stopped seeing chicken as meat, and started seeing chicken in the same light as I did my fids… and if I can’t eat them, how could I eat cows, or any animal-friend? They are the same.

I recommend everyone keeps digging, keeps learning, you have an internet! If you care about the environment and animals, you’ll do your research and eventually come to the same conclusion many of us already have or are in the process of.

It’s an adjustment, but it’s one of the most important ones. 

It’s also good for your health - even body building.

Look, I did all the work for you here with my vegan master post. If you go through all of that material, and still don’t think you should stop using animals as products, I’ll shoosh.

The majority of dead animals consumed come from factory farms. Realize animals are someones not somethings and there is no humane way to kill someone.

I learned what speciesism meant and how it was a legitimate wrong. Foreign at first, but as an animal lover and environmentalist, it blows my mind why I didn’t realize this sooner.

“Ew, China eats dogs. Petition against them!” It’s the same thing as us eating pigs, cows, chickens, and other living beings that didn’t want to die. You protest dog eating, go further. Humans are not omnivores.

Good marketing, societal indoctrination, gluttony, and never questioning why is how we got to where we are, and it’s not a good place to be.

We have the power to fight back and say hurting ALL animals, unnecessarily is wrong and we won’t stand for it. All you have to do is explore vegan recipes! If you need inspiration as to why you should, here you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment