Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Testify - Animal Inspiration

So people can understand why I believe, I'm going to provide some of the miracles I've experienced, starting with guinea pigs and conures.

When I was about 6, I took out my guinea pigs outside to go eat some grass. I started to bring them back inside and one was missing. I was distraught. I love my piggies..!

Going to Sunday School, I knew some things about God and prayer.
I actually got on my knees and said to God, "If you help me find my guinea pig, I'll believe in your forever." Within minutes, my guinea pig started going, "WEET WEET WEET!"
She was all the way down the hill in those giant berry bushes, in the center. I ran with her clutched tightly to me ad put her back with her friends.

Years go by. I became Atheist, Wiccan, Mormon, then reaching to the point I'm at now - just a generic Christ-Follower.

Maybe 2 years ago, I was heavily into animal rescue.
I felt like I wasn't giving my birds the attention they needed due to all the running around.
So I said "Mikey, (my blue crown conure) you're coming with me. You need cuddles."
He's good in the car. We rock out to music. He's use to it from vet visits.

So I took him with me to pick up a sick kitten to drop off 30+ minutes to Rescue Boss' Mom's place.
He stayed on my shoulders upon picking up the kitten. No problem. He's like glue to me.
I had no reason to worry. He had a wing injury from when he was a baby that was repaired... Wings had been clipped.

I give the sick kitten to the Rescue Boss.

Mikey flips out and flies into the night.

I panic. I call to him. He doesn't make a sound.
Birds don't make noise at night.

We eventually find him in the tree not too far down the street.

Rescue Boss gets a pool net.
Mikey flips out again and flies high into the night sky.

He's gone.

I drop to my knees sobbing.

Rescue Boss tried to calm me down, but that's my baby. I promised the vets "I'll keep him and love him for his entire life." My baby boy flew into the night. This is a nightmare. This felt so unreal.

I'm such an idiot. I should've know better.

There's nothing I can do except go home and come back tomorrow at day break when he's more inclined to be vocal.

As the sun rises, Dad and Elly (my dusky conure) come with me.
Elly is Mikey's friend. I imagined she could call out to him.

I walk around the neighborhood, her travel cage held out like a lantern. I'm calling for Mikey. She's "Chipping". I'm asking if anyone has seen a small parrot... No one knows anything about it, but they said they'd keep a look out and let Rescue Boss' Mom know.

I walk all the way around the neighborhood. Nothing.
"Maybe he wants to be free?"

We're ready to head home, but Elly starts squawking, and I hear squawking in the distance.
I run to a random house down the way. "Mikey?"

"OH SHUT UP!"

IT'S MIKEY!!!!! OMG! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

He's in the opposite direction of where he flew off last night. He's behind someone's house.
I sneak through their gate and to the back of their home through another gate.
He's in a palm tree on a golf course.

My dopey baby boy is right there...! He's ok!
I try to climb the tree, but there's no way. Pointy trunk and fire ants... No way.

Dad goes back to HQ and gets a ladder.
Turns out, the neighbor of the yard-I-snuck-through knows the Rescue Boss' Mom (HQ). So I wouldn't have to sneak through the stranger's yard to get the ladder over. Yay! What a wonderful coincidence.

We get the ladder over and ready to position it.

He flips out AGAIN... and flies into the forest across the golf course. A serious forest.

F*CK.

So I cross the golf course. There's this gully-ravine full of tall grass and God knows what. I have to cross a log to get into the forest to explore. I slip and my butt crashes onto the log. I crawl across.

"Mikey! Where are you!?"

No answer.

What a little ass!

I keep calling out to him, sounding like a crazy person.
Some course-keepers want to know what I'm doing. I start to cry and tell them. "My bird flew into the forest, please let me try to get him." and they did.

I head back over to the guy who knows Rescue Boss' mom. He's off work today and isn't planning on going anywhere. AWESOME!
He has a Tiki hut that he offers to put Elly in. He tells me to get his cage and all that and bring it down. He'll watch out for him and watch after Elly. 30 minutes up, 30 minutes back.

I set up everything. Food, toys....

I linger with Elly for awhile, then I take her over to try to communicate with Mikey.

No results.

So I leave... I'm beginning to give up.

"Maybe he wants to be free..."

I cry on FB and someone mentions "Can you get a hose? Wet birds can't fly"
Not likely to get a hose across the golf course even if I could find him.

So, it's sunset. Last try.

I pray to God, "Remember that time you helped me find my guinea pig? Can you do that for me one more time?"

On the way. I'm noticing there was a shower. There's been a draught for awhile, and the ground is wet.

I pull into the drive way. Sobbing. I hear Elly squawking at me. I greet her excitedly. She's been such a trooper.

In the far distance. I hear Mikey sobbing/squawking. He's waaaaay down a ways from where he originally flow. He is not a happy baby.

I run down with Elly-bird to keep the line of bird-communication going. He's way up in a tree. Soaked.

Now's my chance.

I climbed up there. Loosing my shoes in the process. I'm so close to reaching up and grabbing him.
"Wet birds can't fly." I wiggled the branch and he fluttered clumsily to the ground, right next to Elly's transport cage.

I started to climb down in a hurry, slipped, and landed on my back in some foliage.

I scooped up my boy, laughing, screaming, "I GOT MY MIKEY BACK!" I held him to me so tight, with Elly in my other hand.

God heard my prayer...

This is why I can never not believe in Him.

I bet my shoes are still there...

No comments:

Post a Comment